THREAD GUIDE FOR MORALE PATCHES
If you are wondering what threads we use for patches, here is a guide to the threads we use on the morale patches, and hopefully this will assist you in picking the thread colors for your morale patches.
We have standard colors that we use on most of our subdued patches, and you can see the thread colors on patches all over the website. But for a close up look, here there are:
Subdued thread colors:
Thread colors from left to right are:
1.. BROWN: used on all arid camo fabrics and tans
2. OD - the standard regular OD thread
3. DARK OD: darker than the regular OD, more subdued
4. NAVY: dark navy thread, subdued from the USA flag blue.
5. SILVER: standard silver thread color - standard for black background
6. GREY: darker grey thread than the silver, more subdued grey.
7. FOLIAGE: foliage green thread.
8. BEIGE: standard color beige thread for use on darker camos
9. OCP/COYOTE TAN: cool new thread color for making OCP or Coyote Tan patches
10. GOLD: not a bright yellow gold, nice and subdued
STANDARD THREAD COLORS:
13. RED: standard regular red (a good example is the USA flag patch)
14. YELLOW: nice and bright yellow/gold thread to make things stand out.
15. BLUE: regular bue thread - again use the USA flag as an example.
16. GREEN: LEAF GREEN - brighter green the color of leaves, and is in the same family as the red, yellow and blue.
EXTRA THREAD COLORS:
17. HOT PINK
19. AQUA/TEAL COLOR
21 BURGUNDY: this color is used quite a bit in morale patches to subdue red. The exact color has been carefully picked to look right on subdued patches.
22. Light Pink.
23. BABY BLUE: light baby blue color, more pale than bright.
24. TEAL: bright and blue green teal color.
25. LIME GREEN: alien green thread, nice and bright.
26. NEON PINK: pink. bright, bright pink.
WE WILL BE POSTING UP CLOSE UP CHARTS, but this should be a good guide to picking your thread colors.